For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Partner Director, Team Lead on the Learning Partnerships team to lead a set of the most strategic partnerships that Guild has with its academic partners (universities and other academic learning providers), as well as a small team.
This is a unique opportunity to impact on a business-critical team at Guild. We are looking for a “people person” who excels at building relationships, solving problems, delivering business results, and mentoring and leading others. This individual will play a meaningful role in leading all aspects of an Academic Partnership, from the strategic to the tactical. They will also serve as the direct manager for a team of other partner managers.
- Lead a team (2-4 individuals) of partner managers, serving as the manager and mentor for those individuals
- Lead a portfolio of Guild’s most complex partner relationships, and doing so:
- Develop strategic and operational plans for your partners, in partnership with the Academic Partnerships leadership team
- Build and facilitate strong and positive relationships with key external and internal collaborators across multiple functional areas and levels of seniority
- Optimize the student experience, using data to drive improvements across internal and external collaborators to improve outcomes throughout the student journey
- Enable program improvement and new program development, as demanded by our customers (Corporate Employer Partners and their students):
- Identify growth opportunities in consultation with Guild’s Advisory Services team and your academic partners
- Support cross-functional implementations of new programs and offerings
- Develop and maintain strong ongoing, data-driven account operations across student experience, finance, data, and training.
- Proven track record in client management, partner management, and/or program management, with particular emphasis on leading clients in a consulting capacity or managing programs in a high growth enterprise company
- Experience leading teams of partner success managers strongly preferred
- Experience running highly sophisticated, enterprise-level client/partner relationships as the account lead
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with senior collaborators internally and externally, and communicate optimally - balancing confidence, humility and diplomacy.
- Ability to lead others on strategic projects and initiatives, directly and indirectly through influence
- Ability to “say no” when needed, even if that means disappointing key collaborators or clients.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills; excels at understanding a problem, conceptualizing on potential solutions, building data-backed recommendations, engaging a broad set of partners to get work done, and delivering a solution consistent with those recommendations
- Validated strength in navigating in fast-paced, high growth environments with significant change and ambiguity
- Ability to both see the big picture and get deep into the details on sophisticated projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to synthesize information into a coherent and data-driven narrative and present that narrative in a compelling way
- Demonstrated experience in cross-functional leadership and execution to build alignment with senior colleagues across various functions and levels and engage them towards specific program outcomes
- Learning mentality: Desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced environment
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $160,000 - $201,250, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.