For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Roles for The Beehive are all onsite in Denver. The Beehive is an Early Childhood Education Center for children of Guild Education Denver employees, located adjacent to our Denver offices.
Guild is hiring a Senior Product Manager for our Student Data Lifecycle Squad in our Learning Marketplace Product Group. As a Senior Product Manager, you will help achieve Guild’s product roadmap in service of our mission and company goals. In this specific role, you will focus on building web-based data exchange functionality for Guild’s academic partners and internal partners, including user interface modules and workflows.
As Senior Product Manager, you will:
- Own the roadmap and delivery against key components involved in our Academic Portal’s web-based data exchange functionality and models, including specifically academic progress data.
- Translate the needs of Academic Partners into technical product requirements including authoring, grooming and prioritizing user stories.
- Work directly with engineering, go-to-market, analytics, and leadership to deliver effective products to market and to solve tough, technical challenges.
- Use data, user research, and market knowledge to craft a vision for your product area and identify areas of opportunity, building a case for new product improvements or investments.
- Represent your product both internally to the business and externally to our customers throughout the lifecycle.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years experience in a software product management or comparable role.
- Proven ability to understand complex business problems and break them down into simple solutions that focus on customer needs.
- A track record of working collaboratively and effectively with engineering, design, and other non-technical partner teams to lead delivery of technical solutions.
- Strong ability to work independently, handle ambiguity, and craft incremental, decoupled solutions.
- Clear, concise communication and presentation abilities.
- A track record of working with external partners and customers, including collecting direct product feedback and conducting usability testing.
- Commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education.
- Experience building B2B or B2C SaaS portals or other web-based data exchange functionality.
- Strong interest in UI/UX design principles and in-app analytics
- Familiarity working with and developing data models
- Basic SQL proficiency.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $120,000-$157,500, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.