For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Roles for The Beehive are all onsite in Denver. The Beehive is an Early Childhood Education Center for children of Guild Education Denver employees, located adjacent to our Denver offices.
Guild is hiring for a Manager, Academic Product Operations on Guild’s Product team. In this role, you'll ensure that "it works" - doing whatever it takes to connect the dots between partner and Guild systems, enabling seamless student experiences as we scale technology products to enable our marketplace. This role will supervise members of the team responsible for ensuring successful implementations of new partners into our marketplace, on-going support for existing partners, and will be a vital leader in surfacing and implementing operational improvements enabling Guild to scale.
As a Manager of Academic Product Operations you will:
- Provide direct supervision of a team of Product Operations Associates, ensuring their individual success in running the operations of net-new implementations, on-going partner support, as well as encouraging their personal and professional development.
- Manage individual and team workload and performance using key performance indicators as well as qualitative input from product managers, academic partners, and other partners.
- Be a key member of the Academic Product team helping to prioritize feature additions, modifications and bug fixes.
- Partner with associates and leadership to build and improve the systems and processes that will enable Guild’s Learning Marketplace to rapidly scale.
- Support the product release lifecycle, including elements such as ensuring release quality, producing product update notes, and product marketing for feature changes and additions.
- Partner closely with Marketplace Operations + Payments, Account Management, and Marketplace Delivery organizations to ensure timely and effective launches of new partners and re-launches of current partners.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 4+ years of total experience in similar or related roles such as technical customer success or support preferably from dynamic cross-functional organizations where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success.
- Experience managing and developing emerging professionals in a self-directed product/operations environment.
- Existing experience with, or a passion for, learning how technology, operations and partnerships should partner together to deliver outcomes, in a rapidly scaling environment.
- Organization with a high attention to detail; ability to manage high-level progress and small detail.
- Comfort working in an ambiguous environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of priority.
- Ability to develop strong relationships, inspire confidence, and communicate effectively while under pressure - both internally and externally.
- A structured, analytical, systems and methodical approach.
- Ability to review and analyze customer data to increase partner satisfaction and expedite downstream processes.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $85,00-$115,000, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.