For other positions, some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Roles for The Beehive are all onsite in Denver. The Beehive is an Early Childhood Education Center for children of Guild Education Denver employees, located adjacent to our Denver offices.
Guild is hiring a Senior Agile Analyst to help us scale our organization and work management processes to rapidly power the next waves of massive growth!
We are looking for an experienced analyst with a record of Agile process measurement and improvement sought at crafting alignment and efficiencies of scale for large engineering teams. Reporting to the Director, Engineering Enablement, this role will manage systems and processes to facilitate adoption and maturity of agile methodologies across the engineering organization. We need someone who is proficient in the applied practice of Agile frameworks, understands relevant data and measurements, and is driven by a passion for improving the practice towards an end goal of efficient work management at scale.
As an Agile Analyst, you will:
- Manage the application of agile methodologies such as forecasting, capacity planning, labor capitalization, agile work processes and ceremonies, and roadmap and delivery management.
- Conduct training and workshops on agile process techniques and recommendations for existing and new employees.
- Build and publish process metrics and their measurements to baseline performance and identify improvement opportunities to positively impact delivery.
- Create data integrations and custom software to aggregate, analyze and present relevant process metrics.
- Recommend and advise senior leaders on strategic process improvement initiatives to align organizational growth, roadmap prioritization, and increasingly efficient execution.
- Provide input and influence to the broader engineering Enablement strategy
- Mentor engineering leaders and teams on recommended changes that make their internal ceremonies and processes more effective.
- Continuously grow your craft by staying abreast of current trends, emerging patterns, and industry best practices.
- Be an advocate for learning communities as part of the Enablement group; proactively mentor them on inclusion and continuous improvement.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied math, business, or related field with 8+ years experience working closely with software development using Agile methodologies.
- Deep understanding of common Agile frameworks, patterns and methods, such as Scrum, SAFe, Lean, or Kanban. Certification in at least one is a plus.
- Extensive experience creating and refining organizational processes within the full software development lifecycle, including delivery forecasting, capacity planning, cross-team collaboration, and post-implementation operations and measurement.
- Comfort creating and communicating data-oriented analyses to senior leaders and technical engineering teams, as well as leading group discussions on technical subject matter.
- Expertise querying, creating and analyzing data scripts with SQL in relational and non-relational database models. Working experience with Snowflake is a plus.
- Experience creating and implementing standards related to Agile dev and quality practices.
- Experience administering and configuring custom integrations with Agile work management tools such as JIRA, Shortcut, Rally, or ClickUp.
- Experience working with data collaboration platforms such as Airtable, monday, Trello, Smartsheet, or Basecamp.
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching, listening, and mentoring skills
- A commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of business partners.
- Curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new processes and technologies.
- Willingness to embrace change and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for higher education and our mission.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $130,000-$152,500, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.