For other positions, some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Roles for The Beehive are all onsite in Denver. The Beehive is an Early Childhood Education Center for children of Guild Education Denver employees, located adjacent to our Denver offices.
Guild is hiring a Senior Data Engineer. In this role you will work across teams to help us build the next generation of data products. You’ll work with world class data engineers to design and build the scalable, robust, and high-quality data infrastructure and data pipelines needed to support growth of our education network and SaaS platform. Ultimately, you’ll help change the landscape for how we think about delivering education products to learners across the country by building a digital solution that connects students, employers, and universities to deliver education at an affordable price to students.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Designing, building, and expanding Guild’s backend data infrastructure, including data pipelines, ETL, infrastructure as code, data warehouses, and data APIs
- Build our infrastructure as code (IaC) systems to enable the team to build, change, and version infrastructure safely and efficiently
- Expand our functionality within existing systems and tooling
- Translating complex business requirements into usable, scalable data models and systems
- Mentoring other engineers and analysts on the team and sharing technical knowledge to enable others to be more effective at their jobs
In this role, you’ll expand your expertise by:
- Evolving our data products now and in the future by contributing to our backend data architecture
- Working in an agile team environment with a high performing engineering team
- Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild (working with our Product, Design, Client Success, and Student Services teams)
- Receiving feedback through our learning-focused, twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Choosing and leveraging the latest technologies in data engineering to automate data integration and loading, such as, Snowflake, Terraform, Amazon Redshift, Java, Python, S3 and PostgreSQL
- Leveraging your experience to design solutions that will be the backbone of a highly scalable, reusable, backend data infrastructure
- Ensuring our data is clean, accurate, and secure
- Thriving in fast-paced and scaling environment
You’ll join a team:
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to mental health professionals (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Experience building data pipelines, custom ETL processes and data warehouses
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as Java or Python
- Expertise in database technologies such as Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL, and working with large sets of data
- Experience improving software products through engineering best practices such as refactoring, reusability, TDD and continuous integration
- A proven ability to thrive in changing environments by having a fast, flexible, cooperative work style
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively explain technical concepts to other engineers, analysts, product managers, and stakeholders.
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Kibana, Chart.io, etc.
- Basic experience in statistical analysis, text processing, and machine learning
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- A drive to work hard and plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $160,000-$178,750, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.