Some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Are you passionate about data and the strategic advantage it gives when properly governed and democratized across an organization? This role will be a great fit for you if you have a solid understanding and passion for enterprise data organization, as well as user data privacy and security.
The Sr. Data Quality Analyst/ Data Governance Steward will help support the overall Data Quality & Governance initiative including, data quality and a data catalog
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Proactively champion the value of quality data & data governance by promoting ideas into action; including assisting with defining and implementing communication, organizational change and adoption plans.
- Serve as a liaison between the business and Data Services promoting collaboration and communication and ensuring that data quality-related requirements are clearly defined, prioritized, and well understood.
- Drive projects in collaboration with data engineers across teams at Guild, data scientists and business units to support strategic & operational data quality and governance initiatives
- Partner with the Sr. Manager of Data Quality & Governance and other peers in team on activities around establishing and governing an enterprise-wide data quality and governance program; defining and establishing use cases for data governance.
- Make recommendations on Data Quality & Governance based on industry standard methodologies.
- Strive to elevate greater understanding across the data and analytics and business partners of the role of data governance and the importance of sustaining quality data
- Maintain quality of the data using customer feedback, concerns, questions; internally reporting metrics; evaluating and identifying issues; and coordinating and implementing corrections regularly.
- Build Data quality scorecards
- Supervise data quality to assist teams, share standard methodology trends in data quality management, and provide insight into how and where teams can build confidence in data to help in day-to-day decision-making.
- Assist the team actively in day-to-day operations and project solutions.
- Partner with team in the creation and maintenance of DG policies, playbook, technical specs, processes & procedures for guiding various data management processes.
- Continually identify & partner with data stewards to execute the Enterprise Data Governance strategy
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of our operational data by guiding our data quality efforts.
- Use Looker, DBT & other technologies to craft and develop solutions as part of the data quality & governance program including data quality dashboards & solutions to measure and supervise quality of data.
Why Guild? Our mission is to increase economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. As a B-corp we are truly aligned to deliver positive outcomes for our students, employer partners, and academic partners.
You are a good fit for this role if you have:
- Sophisticated understanding and working knowledge in end-to-end data management principles
- Expertise in data quality improvement techniques
- Prior experience designing and executing data governance strategy at the enterprise level
- Shown communication skills with the ability to positively influence the business and technical teams in the adoption of data quality and governance
- Extensive understanding and experience working with various BI suite of tools, data integration and storage solutions, including extract, transform and load technologies and relational databases.
- Extensive understanding of data lifecycle, data management principles, and techniques.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $90,000 - $120,000 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.