Some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring for a Bilingual Associate Manager of Foreign Credentials, fluent in both written and verbal Spanish, to lead and support the daily operations of a team of Foreign Credential Specialists who guide students with foreign credentials as they explore classes, programs, and degrees in order to make thoughtful decisions about the next step in their educational journey.
In particular, we are looking for a leader who can work up, down, and across an organization, ask the hard questions, and who is excited to help drive growth and successful student outcomes at Guild. As a Bilingual Associate Manager of Foreign Credentials, you are responsible for contributing to the leadership, management, and operational oversight of Guild’s rapidly growing Foreign Credentials team and process.
As a Bilingual Associate Manager of Foreign Credentials, you will:
- Supervise a team of 6-12 Foreign Credential Specialists by conducting weekly 1:1 meetings, leading team meetings, performing call reviews, and handling any logistical requests
- Drive team performance through holding team members’ accountable to quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Lead consistent change by supporting team members and explaining the “why” behind the frequent and quick changes that result from Guild’s vast growth
- Support the launch of new academic and employer partners to meet our students’ and clients’ needs; including supporting Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and nuanced policies
- Work closely with Academic Partnerships, Student Services Enablement teams, and more to drive cross-functional initiatives
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Written and verbal fluency in both English and Spanish
- 2+ years of experience managing an operations, sales, or customer service team with at least 6-10 direct reports
- Proven track record to meet deadlines and metrics
- Experience managing teams with defined OKRs, key performance indicators, or metrics
- Experience with organizational change and/or rolling out new processes/procedures to drive efficiency
- Experience in performance management
- Experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure, and evolve processes
- Ability to develop positive relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, modesty, and tact internally and externally
- Experience building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams
- Experience in a startup or similar environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Ability to successfully lead multiple sophisticated, cross-functional projects at the same time
- Familiarity with tools like Salesforce, Looker, and Asana
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $60,000-$75,000, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.