Some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Cloud Security Engineer. The Information Security team is looking to add a highly motivated and technically inclined individual to work as a Cloud Security Engineer. We are looking for a candidate that is comfortable working in an exciting and fast paced environment. This individual’s responsibilities will mainly focus on ensuring protection of Guild’s various cloud resources and environments. These efforts will ultimately allow Guild to fulfill its mission while also meeting business objectives and compliance requirements.
As Cloud Security Engineer, you will:
- Identify unaddressed areas of security weaknesses and present findings, recommendations, and project plans to leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Review and upgrade internal policies and security controls where applicable to cloud.
- Use a CSPM tool to maintain alignment with CIS Benchmarks and other standard methodology.
- Assist with incident response and investigation activities.
- Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities as part of a team rotation.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Knowledge of security standard methodologies in hardening and protecting cloud environments, including common frameworks such as CIS Controls, AWS Well-Architected Framework, etc.
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Java, GO, or Ruby).
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of other relevant concepts and technologies desired - SDLC, web application architecture, API, Kubernetes, DevSecOps, etc.
- Familiarity with Cloud Security Posture Management tools.
- AWS Certifications
- An understanding of containers and container orchestration technologies
- Familiarity with common Information Security frameworks and standards (i.e. CIS, NIST, MITRE, ITIL, ISO 270001, etc.)
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $110,000 - $136,250 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.