Some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
We are looking for a leader to work directly with our Chief Business Officer, Greg Siegel. The Special Projects Director will lead on many different critical projects across strategy, management, and operations within Guild’s Business Operations and Strategy team. They will also act as a communications partner, supporting internal and external communications related to these teams. In this leadership role, the candidate will partner with our leaders to build shared context, drive clarity, and appropriately prioritize time, thought, and resources towards Guild’s key areas of focus.
- Partner with the Chief Business Officer to build and maintain high functioning teams and environments - both within the Business Operations and Strategy organization and throughout the company, focusing on Guild’s core values
- Own and/or shepherd the Business Operations leadership teams’ execution of special projects
- Serve as the key communications partner across this organization
- Lead the rhythm of business for the Business Operations team, ensuring the team is passionate about the right topics at the right time, both optimizing within the week and looking at horizons many months out
- Communicate context to leaders and teams within Guild - so that they are empowered to make good decisions and solve problems at their level, reducing information cycles or critical issues when it can be avoided
- Use internal data and your own analytical skills to guide goal setting and tracking for your work streams and shared leadership initiatives
- Support cross-functional shared services teams at a strategic level to better optimize Guild’s business and back-of-house operational efforts
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Highly collaborative -- you care less about who did it than how it got done. You take deep pride in shared outcomes and you really believe the whole is greater than the sum of the parts when it comes to team efforts.
- Organizational change - known for driving the operational and communications efforts needed to help move hearts and minds from one state to the next.
- A love of driving alignment - leaving personal agenda at the door. Serve as an ambassador for the function, and seek to facilitate phenomenal conversations and decision-making processes to drive alignment across the Business Operations leadership team and the broader company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills -- highly skilled in writing, a specialist in shorter vs longer summaries, and known for making outstanding Powerpoint decks!
- A master in the art of business storytelling, and known to align the message to meet the needs and prior context of the listener.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $140,000-$170,000 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.