This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Career Coach. As one of Guild’s first career coaches, you will work directly with students and also contribute to building and crafting career services within Guild. Guild strives to support the journeys of millions of working adult learners who are looking to build opportunities for career mobility through education.
You will support students throughout their educational journeys on critical career development topics and guide them in developing plans and taking action toward their career goals.
Responsibilities as a Career Coach:
- Deliver individual career mentor to a diverse student population at varying points in their education from pre-enrollment through graduation
- Provide informed mentorship related to future career planning and skill-building in support of users’ job market readiness, addressing career discovery and decision-making, experience development, personal branding, networking and job search
- Implement career offerings such as group mentor sessions and online workshops that deliver asynchronous and synchronous career content to users related to topics such as career exploration and planning, job search tactics and networking
- Provide input on the development of career resources focused on engaging users in the career development process early in their academic journey
- Contribute to thinking on how we can best serve our users in the long-term by providing feedback to leadership about frontline experiences
- Research and stay abreast of standard methodologies, trends and insights related to careers and career mentor, such as employment trends, hiring partner news, industry developments and more
- Join a fully remote team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience in career services/career coaching, recruiting, talent management, or related industry
- Successful track record of coaching individuals and groups in a corporate or educational career services/talent management environment
- Knowledge of fundamentals of career exploration, effective job search tactics and strategy, and overall career planning and management
- Desire to work in an often ambiguous and frequently changing environment
- Ability to gather and synthesize large amounts of information in order to develop expertise needed to support the evolving needs of the career services team
- Understanding of best practices within career development and the ability to tailor, adapt and evolve such practices to a complex, fast-paced, and evolving organization
- Ability to create and manage relationships via phone, text and email with a demographically diverse student population at varying stages of their education, work and life.
- Strong listening and communication skills, with the ability to adjust your style across a diverse set of conversations
- Basic technical literacy, enabling you to learn new tools and systems that we use to coach our students
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- A private workspace with a reliable internet connection
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Experience working with non-traditional students at varying levels of education from high school to graduate level
- Familiarity with career coaching and services exclusively in a virtual environment
- Proven success in delivering career services in new and innovative ways to diverse audiences
- Background in creating career-related content in various digital forms
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary of $50,000 - $51,500, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We offer 3 weeks of vacation the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We have 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We offer family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend and access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We provide education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth