This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is looking for a Staff Frontend Engineer to serve as the technical leader for our Frontend Foundations team.
As Staff Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Work alongside other engineering leaders to evolve and scale Guild’s web applications
- Collaborate with Guild’s User Experience Design team to plan and build Guild’s internal design system: Recess
- Mentor and train frontend technical expertise across teams
- Establish, document, and iterate upon common patterns used through Guild’s frontend deployments
- Transform business vision and requirements into actionable roadmaps
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Expert level experience building performant web applications with React
- A deep understanding of HTML, CSS, and modern web frontend development
- A penchant for mentorship and collaboration with other members of your team
- Experience designing, building, testing, and maintaining component based design systems
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience implementing and maintaining accessible user interfaces
- Experience with testing tools and strategies
- Experience building libraries and tooling to support multiple teams
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $170,000-$200,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth