Guild is hiring a Billing Analyst that will work on a first-of-its-kind tuition payment system ensuring that our students receive their employers’ tuition benefits in an accurate and timely manner. You will be responsible for the accurate and timely facilitation of tuition payments, be a trusted first point of contact for specific tuition payment questions and help raise opportunities to improve our rapidly growing system. This role will have a significant impact on the business, students and our employer and university partners given the high-demand nature of our tuition payment flows.
As a Billing Analyst, you will:
- Support in creating tuition invoices by extracting and manipulating transactional data
- Reconcile customer and student accounts for tuition billing, including providing manual updates if needed
- Maintain tuition records and controls
- Field billing questions from internal and external partners; collaborating with cross-functional team members to help answer questions
- Perform quality assurance checks on data/invoices to ensure student data and billing accuracy while identifying and finding solutions for known issues
- Perform ongoing and ad-hoc analyses to support operational and strategy decisions
- Work on billing process improvements and process documentation
- Support on new employer and university partner billing on-boarding activities
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in Finance, Accounting, or other technical area(s)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a detail oriented environment with high expectations of precision
- Experience working with a billing / payment system (potentially in a financial or healthcare environment) that requires near perfect execution
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills; experience with SalesForce or other CRM strongly preferred
- A self-starter approach with demonstrated time management skills and the ability to work independently, while handling multiple work-streams in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Analytical, detailed and process oriented tendencies with the ability to spot opportunities for process improvements to streamline and systematize work-flows
- Comfort collaborating with others - both internally and externally to execute on payment facilitations
- A growth mentality with the ability and willingness to learn quickly and develop new skills and abilities as the company grows
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, action-oriented approach to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly changing growth environment
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $60,000 - $78,750 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth