Some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Vice President of Public Relations & Communications that will develop and implement a broad range of PR & Communication activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the company. This leader will lead communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect Guild Education's short term and long term brand-building and growth. This role will also provide thought leadership and shape the conversation on the future of work and learning, as well as help our leaders understand the multi-dimensional problems we are solving at Guild. The role reports to our Chief Communications & PR Officer.
As Vice President of Public Relations & Communications, you will:
- Build and deliver a global communications plan that leads to long-term brand building and business goals, encompassing public relations, social media, analyst relations, community engagement, and content strategy
- Lead Guild’s communications, PR, corporate branding functions, and grow out the teams to support the next stage of our growth
- Strategize and execute the roadmap that helps us elevate our brand across various audiences both internally and externally
- Work cross functionally with key partners in Guild’s 3-sided marketplace in order to achieve outcomes
- Develop and implement an integrated communications plan to advance Guild’s brand identity and ensure consistent messaging across all platforms
- Identify emerging communications & PR issues faced by the organization, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support solutions
- Serve as the key communications partner to our CEO, Chief Communications Officer, and the leadership team
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience as the functional leader of corporate communications and branding within high-growth organizations
- Experience defining successful brands and leading crisis communications, particularly within high-growth dynamic environments
- Leadership experience within regulated industries such as: healthcare, financial services, financial technology, transportation, education technology and green technology.
- Experience with multi-audience business models and working in partnership with key business partners.
- Cultivated a variety of cross functional relationships with executive and advisory boards, the private sector, and university leaders.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $200,000-$250,000 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.