This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Student Services Strategy team works at the intersection of critical initiatives that can unlock opportunity for millions of working adults. We work closely with senior leadership across the company to shape and guide strategic, operational, and organizational improvements that enable a better student experience. We bring a student-first problem-solving approach, rigorous thinking, organized execution, and cross-functional connections to support the Student Services department and the business overall.
Guild is hiring a Senior Manager, Student Services Strategy to provide critical insights, develop a business case for new initiatives, and ensure cross-functional alignment of goals and execution as new initiatives are developed. As one of the leaders in a small and growing team, we are looking for a self-starter who can lead with vision and take ownership of important projects with limited oversight. In particular, we’re looking for people who can think strategically at the highest level while simultaneously managing and executing the day-to-day actions to achieve our goals.
As a Senior Manager, you will:
- Lead and coach small project teams to identify strategic opportunities and develop business cases / compelling strategies that improve employee engagement and/or student experience
- Develop thoughtful analysis approach to solve problems and validate the opportunity
- Find and combine varied qualitative and quantitative data sources - primary interviews, Looker data, other research reports - to validate hypotheses
- Conduct market and competitive research to support analysis, leveraging Subject Matter Experts internally at Guild or externally within our networks
- Turn analysis into business case and/or compelling strategies and craft and deliver high-quality presentations to senior executives
- Collaborate with teams across Guild to align on and implement strategies, such as Student Services, MOST, Marketing, and Product
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings to solicit feedback / buy-in on strategy
- Serve as a liaison between work streams and new initiatives that have dependencies with and/or impact strategies within and outside of Student Services
- Collaborate with VP of Student Services Strategy and other senior leaders to develop Student Services’ goals and priorities that aligns with Guild’s overall Corporate Strategy
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent strategic, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Experience leading large programs and/or consulting projects, especially in service organizations and/or on workforce transformation projects
- Strong work ethic and independence, with a high degree of motivation to learn and iterate.
- Experience influencing and collaborating with senior stakeholders in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced environment, with limited direction, balance competing priorities, and manage several time-sensitive projects at once
- Ability to project manage and work with minimal guidance. Comfort crafting and communicating insights from data, as well as attention to detail and understanding trends and patterns in business performance.
- Capacity to develop strong relationships and communicate within various levels of the organization effectively while under pressure- balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally.
- Curiosity to constantly ask questions and experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes - never settling for "good enough."
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $125,000-$143,750, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth