Guild is hiring a Technical Program Management Director within our Marketplace Enablement team. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a pivotal role in implementing new employer partners, advancing our technology delivery capabilities, and engaging cross-functionally with Guild partners to help solve some of our most pressing technology-related issues.
We are looking for someone who is outstanding at managing internal and external partners, can provide technical expertise, and is not afraid to navigate through ambiguous territory to help drive partnership delivery at Guild.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will:
- Play an active role in the implementation of new employer partners from scoping through launch; working closely with Product Management and Engineering to drive project planning and execution of sophisticated enterprise software implementation projects
- Lead technical conversations externally while serving as Guild’s primary technical representative in partner discussions
- Own and manage technical scoping and program management for our existing and new partnership needs
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality
- Champion key process improvement projects that benefit Guild’s internal and external partners, including conducting robust organizational change planning with documentation and communications
- Have the ability to screen and prioritize projects by assessing business impact with cross-functional partners
- Identify the technical impact of partner implementation requirements; coordinate the clarification of those requirements with technical and product partners
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and drive initiatives end to end so that activities are completed on time and the overall implementation is executed successfully
- Drive information sharing, and collecting, and disseminating of standard methodologies across all technical program management teams
- Given our matrixed org structure, there is an optional chance to lead team members directly
Ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years in software development organization, with at least 3 years in direct technical project or program management
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Strong technical background and ability to understand sophisticated product functionality, design and technical issues in order to drive the right priorities, trade-offs and resolutions
- Experience handling sophisticated software projects and applying agile methodologies
- The ability to develop strong relationships, inspire confidence, and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy
- Strong organization and team leadership skills, with a high attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high level progress and the small details
- A bias toward action when presented with ambiguous or sophisticated problems
- A knack for “connecting the dots” and identifying trends, with truly exceptional ability synthesize sophisticated information for a broad set of partners and deliver strong story-telling
- Experience managing multiple parallel work streams in fast changing, cross-functional environments where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential for success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially as it relates to understanding and translating expectations across multiple parties
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $145,000-$182,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth