This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Staff Product Designer. This role focuses on crafting our product experience, used by millions of Americans to head back to school. Be a part of designing our products and be responsible for crafting outstanding points of view that drive business and design value. This role needs to have passion for solving sophisticated problems with creativity and are excited to mentor designers on our hardworking team. We are seeking a highly experienced individual contributor that listens and shares persuasive and impactful ideas. Our business is collaborative, constantly evolving, and founded on doing good.
As a Staff Product Designer, you will:
- Problem-solve with specialist skills in UX, UI, and accessibility standard methodologies
- Drive alignment with executive level partners and represent design thought leadership and perspectives
- Dedicate time to mentorship of the design team
- Create deliverables such as wireframes, interactive prototypes, high-fidelity design using our design system, documented user research synthesis, user flows and journey maps
- Use data to inform design decisions and continually validate your work with real users
- Contribute and lead the design process with other designers, UX writers and researchers, product managers, and engineers
- Drive design thinking activities cross-functionally to absorb knowledge and needed information from partners
- Prepare and lead design walkthroughs, critiques, and reviews
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps through customer research and design explorations
- Assume a leadership role among various audiences
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity and changing needs
- Partner with product managers to build highly impactful products that enable students to go to school affordably
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure collaboration and great work cycles
Ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of experience in an individual contributor design or UX role
- Worked on product design from the discovery phase through launch
- Experience working with executive level partners
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an ambitious ownership mentality
- Care deeply about technical, scalable, and user-centric models of design
- Experience in Sketch and Invision
- Experience partnering with product managers, engineering managers and other business owners
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $135,000 - $176,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth