Guild is hiring a Chief Communications & Public Policy Officer to lead communication and public policy for the nation’s leading B Corporation reshaping education and upskilling for the future of work. Guild has crafted a new category in doing so. Provide leadership, drive policy, and help all of our various partners understand the sophisticated and multi-dimensional problems we’re solving at Guild. The role is apart of the executive leadership team and reports directly to Rachel Carlson, CEO.
- Through community, business and political engagement, develop and lead strategies to build a large, diverse coalition to advance the cause of an equal future with educational opportunity for all Americans.
- Be the quarterback for Guild’s relationships with policy makers, leaders with vision, media, and others in the conversation on the future of work and education.
- Lead Guild’s communications, PR and policy functions, and build out the teams and functions to support the next stage of our growth
- Be a key partner and leader for conversations on Guild corporate brand and broader partner strategies
- Work cross functionally with key partners in Guild’s 3-sided marketplace in order to achieve outcomes
- Serve as the key communications and public policy partner to our CEO, and the entire leadership team
- Be a critical member of Guild’s executive team -- bringing additional leadership and eye for business beyond key functional skills.
- A background in business, with an emphasis on mission-driven outcomes
- Experience as the functional leader of policy and communications units within high growth organizations, with executive team leaderships experience
- National domestic policy experience, leading public policy and communications within regulated industries such as: healthcare, financial services, financial technology, the opportunity economy, transportation, education technology and green technology.
- Experience with multi-audience business models and working in partnership with key business partners.
- Cultivated a variety of cross functional and external partner relationships such as with executive and advisory boards, the private sector, university leaders, policy makers, and/or leaders
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation — and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for the role is market driven, including a base salary range of $250,000-$325,000 and bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We have 3 weeks of vacation the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We have 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take time to heal and or recover
- We have family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend and access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help future development and growth