This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CO, CA, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NY, NJ, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WI, VA, CT, SC. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Senior Director, Solution Discovery. This role will lead market validation and solution discovery to enable Guild to explore new and expanded capabilities that extend our programs that support adult learners to upskill and thrive. This role, as part of the Solution Exploration team, will lead one or more initiatives as prioritized by senior leadership. These strategic initiatives are highly cross-functional and require working with teams across Guild to create the best possible solutions.
As a Senior Director, Solution Discovery you will:
- Define and lead solution exploration projects from early brainstorming to solution definition including:
- Completing market analysis
- Qualitative insights projects, including desk and interview based research
- Shaping and leading prototyping and/or pilots
- Business case creation and analysis
- Risk mapping
- Competitive analysis
- Work with our technical, coaching, client services, and operations teams to research and develop new solution sets to extend our capabilities and create solutions that utilize both our in-house and partners’ capabilities.
- As the team grows, this role will be tasked with leading and developing people/team(s), and will utilize contractors and in-house matrixed staff as needed for additional support.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including leadership roles within consulting, project or product management
- Experience creating new products and/or driving strategic solution projects for companies within the education space
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, in a highly cross-functional and cross-collaborative environment
- Deep analytical skills, both in highly complex technical environments and process-oriented organizations
- Understanding and experience with educational institutions and educational product companies
- Ability to build trusted relationships with different stakeholder groups and confidently advocate, influence and negotiate across various levels of the organization
- A strong sense of ownership with proven ability to learn new concepts quickly
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $170,000-$218,750 and bonus/variable compensation/commissions eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth