As the Manager, IT Help Desk, you’ll be a member of a growing autonomous IT team. Be responsible for leading all aspects of the day to day operation of the Guild Education IT Help Desk team. This includes supervising the IT ticketing queues, metricizing and optimizing ticket handling, and assisting the help desk staff with tickets as needed. Be a critical member of the team, as this role will be key in creating and maintaining an efficient and productive technical environment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes for Help Desk incident management to deliver high-quality service to Guild Employees, both on-site and remote
- Actively train and mentor help desk technicians on technical skills and standard methodology IT solutions
- Manage the help desk teams’ workload, work, intensified issues, etc
- Support the team with onboarding, offboarding, and department transfers
- Create and maintain documentation for internal tasks and procedures
- Manage and participate in Help Desk after-hours support
- Establish service level agreements and metrics to ensure incident resolution in the quickest time frame possible
- Work cross-functionality with several teams across Guild to ensure the best possible support is being provided
- Data driven decision maker
- Extensive endpoint management and troubleshooting skills
- Clear and concise communicator
- Identifies and implements process improvements
- Inspires the team to achieve Guild & personal goals
- Strong customer service focus and ability to interact with anyone at all levels of Guild
- 3-5 years of IT helpdesk management experience preferred.
- Experience managing MacOS & Windows remote endpoints
- Jamf, Microsoft InTune, Google Workspace, and Okta experience greatly preferred
- Corporate and home networking knowledge
- Experience managing corporate tools in a remote environment: Office 365, Zoom, VoIP, and Slack
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Exceeding in keeping employee happiness and retention high within the Help Desk Team
- Hiring a diverse and talented team of IT professionals to deliver the best level of service to our employees
- Keeping the IT Helpdesk ticket queue at a manageable level
- Encouraging communication and relationships with your direct reports
- Achieving established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $80,000-$98,750 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth