The Information Security team is looking to add a highly motivated and technically inclined individual to work as a Senior Security Engineer. We are looking for a candidate that is comfortable working in an exciting and fast paced environment. This individual’s responsibilities will ensure that sensitive data is secured and kept confidential. These efforts will ultimately allow Guild to fulfill its mission while also meeting business objectives and compliance requirements.
As Senior Security Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with other engineers and Guild teams on a wide range of projects and initiatives to support compliance requirements and business objectives.
- Identify security issues and risks with Guild’s systems and environments. Develop and execute remediation/mitigation plans that provide long term risk reduction.
- Triage alerts, investigate incidents, and respond to service requests related to Guild’s various systems.
- Develop and tune security policy within various tools (SAST, DAST, SCA, SIEM, CSPM).
- Maintain SOC-2 compliance and assist with audit/client related requests.
- Assist with incident response and investigation activities.
- Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities as part of a team rotation.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Java, GO, or Ruby).
- Demonstrated experience with security technologies such as: Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Web proxies, Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Endpoint detection and response (EDR), Anti-Virus, Threat Intelligence, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Management, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with Application Security tools(SAST, DAST, or SCA). Hands-on knowledge of OWASP Top 10, secure coding practices, and principles of DevSecOps.
- Experience with containers and serverless architecture.
- Experience architecting, securing, and operating within cloud environments(AWS)
- At least one of the following of the professional certifications (SANS GIAC, AWS, ISC2, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of the following: SOC-2, PCI, NIST CSF, NIST 800-x, CIS, ISO 27001, etc.
- Security automation across third party APIs.
- Experience working with third party and client auditors.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $90,000-$131,250 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth