This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above.
Guild is hiring a Manager, Learning Design to oversee the learning design program for our student facing teams. We are looking for someone to build scalable, effective learning design solutions and processes that enable job performance across the teams we support using an innovative and cutting edge approach.
You will define learning design standards across the Training & QA team for anyone creating learning solutions. This includes collaborating with the team to create and implement processes, templates, best practices, and expectations, then ensure those standards are met with all learning solutions (large focus on eLearning and blended learning approaches). You will evaluate the success of learning solutions using Kirkpatrick’s four levels, recommend and guide improvements, and develop adult learner-centered solutions focused on results-driven outcomes with a consistent learning experience across the board.
The role requires strong people-management skills, agility, and a collaborative approach to finding solutions that drive maximum impact. You must be able to lead and inspire a team of direct reports to continue growing, innovating, and improving on existing processes with the goal of providing the teams we support all the knowledge and resources needed for successful job performance.
As a Manager, Learning Design, you will:
- Define learning design standards and processes in collaboration with the Training & QA team, then ensure these standards are upheld in all learning solutions.
- Develop scalable workflows, templates, and design solutions that allow us to scale quickly while also making sure our learners are set up for success.
- Upskill our team to effectively implement Kirkpatrick’s four levels of evaluation, and drive the efforts to standardize our evaluation practices.
- Roll up your sleeves and create learning solutions based on the desired outcomes and scope of each need (ILT, eLearning, blended learning, job aids, videos, gamification, and more).
- Drive the increased effectiveness of learning content created in Rise, our online training platform.
- Evaluate the capabilities and limitations of Rise as our version of an LMS, and propose alternative solutions if deemed necessary for driving desired outcomes.
- Gain buy-in from cross-functional leaders on advised processes and frameworks by clearly showing a tie to business objectives.
- Start building a learning design team, then develop this team through inspiration, performance management, and coaching.
- Identify opportunities and iterate continuously to maximize the effectiveness and support of our learning design solutions.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years leadership experience managing a learning or instructional design team with a proven ability to empower, coach, and develop individuals.
- Exceptional learning content creation skills with a history of success driving measurable results from innovative learning solutions.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with eLearning design tools, video editing tools, and LMS systems.
- Broad subject matter expertise in learning design methodologies and adult-learning best practices, including writing and coaching to effective learning objectives.
- Proven ability to analyze training requests, then recommend and gain buy-in on the right solutions for complicated business needs, and follow through to completion.
- Strong project management and prioritization skills, thriving in an ever-changing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy.
- Experience in Articulate 360 systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Kirkpatrick’s four levels of training evaluation.
- A balance of detail-oriented execution and big picture thinking.
- A Learning mindset: A desire to learn, grow, and evolve in a fast-paced environment.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $85,000-107,500, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, sick leave, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend and access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth