Guild is hiring for a Senior Analyst who will internally promote a culture of data-driven decision making and delight our clients by providing meaningful business insights.
A critical part of our relationships with our clients is supporting them in the creation of budgets for their education benefit programs and delivering the highest value program while meeting their budget expectations. This budgeting is a complex, multi-dimensional modeling challenge, requiring the integration of data science, coding, and financial accounting skills. In this role, you will be responsible for creating budgets and forecasts for Guild’s clients in collaboration with the client-facing teams to meet those objectives. You will ensure that every member of our client-facing teams has insights at their fingertips to prioritize and guide their actions effectively. You will equip these teams with key insights to inform discussions with clients.
As a Senior Analyst on the Budgeting & Forecasting Center of Excellence team, you will:
- Manage and execute upon client-facing education benefit program budgets and forecasts working in collaboration with Client Services, Revenue Operations, Partner Analytics, and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Lead ongoing experimentation with modeling and data science methodologies
- Provide thought leadership to improve Guild’s forecast accuracy over time
- Produce insights, analyses, and recommendations to help employers understand drivers of spend and the impact of changes in student behavior over time
- Effectively manipulate and analyze complicated data sets, partnering with Partner Analytics and Data Engineering as needed to enhance data quality and infrastructure
- Build and own scalable modeling solutions, toolkits, best practice documents, and a consulting approach that can be applied across Guild partner base
- Produce ad hoc analyses that are responsive to our partner needs
- Partner with Client Services leadership to communicate analyses and insights with the opportunity to present to senior client stakeholders
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in a data science, financial planning & analysis, and / or analytics role; client-facing experience preferred
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, data visualization, and project management skills
- Ability to identify the most meaningful metrics for a given business objective and translate analyses into tangible recommendations for sales and client services teams
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivation to learn and go above and beyond
- Ability to execute quickly with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills and a client-focused approach
- Comfort presenting financial data to senior stakeholders internally and / or at client organizations with an ability to influence perspectives via data-driven storytelling
- Expertise in model development, maintenance and tuning (including logistic regression, random forest, time-series forecasting), at least one coding language (at a minimum Python), and Jupyter Notebook
- Proficient in SQL, Looker (or other data visualization tool), and Excel
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $90,000-$112,500 as well as company stock options
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth