This role is available in either Denver, CO or San Francisco, CA.
Guild is looking for a Senior Revenue & Technical Accounting Manager to join our accounting team and be part of the rapid growth of this multi-sided marketplace company. The Senior Manager, Revenue and Technical Accounting will report to the Director, Accounting and oversee all aspects of revenue recognition under ASC 606 and other US GAAP reporting. You will be required to analyze complex, multi-year, dual-sided contacts and assess and provide advice on commercial and revenue terms. You will also draft accounting memos and operationalize contracts. You should be able to operate strategically and with a sense of urgency, employing a hands-on operational approach with clear and timely communication to all levels of the organization.
This role will be remote and may shift to office-first at our San Francisco or Denver locations once normal office activity resumes.
- Design and implement best practices with respect to the order-to-cash cycle, including invoicing, collections and the methodology for accruing and reconciling revenue monthly.
- Analyze and account for complex revenue agreements and technical accounting issues, such as business combinations, equity repurchases, etc.
- Partner with sales, revenue operations and legal teams to socialize process changes
- Own month-end close processes related to revenue accounts
- Develop and maintain revenue policies and best practice procedures
- Write and review technical accounting memos under US GAAP
- Lead projects related to financial systems and business processes and business process transformation/upgrades as necessary
- Be a change agent for implementing new insights and process improvements in an increasingly complex environment
- Mentor, lead and develop accounting team members
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience, including at least 4 years of public accounting at a Big 4 firm
- CPA required
- Experience mentoring and/or managing a team or team members
- Strong understanding and extensive hands-on experience in practical application of revenue accounting under ASC 606 for SaaS and complex, multi-sided marketplace businesses
- Experience writing technical memos
- Solid organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interact with all organization levels and team members in multiple locations and time zones
- Strong Excel and data mining skills
- Familiarity with Netsuite and Salesforce
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $130,000-$152,500 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth