Guild is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for contributing to the timely completion of accounting functions, including but not limited to monthly close, account reconciliations, and financial reporting requirements. The position will report to the Manager, Accounting and work closely with FP&A and Operations. The Staff Accountant will be a proven accounting expert who loves to dig in and analyze data, helping the business make financially-smart decisions.
This role will be remote and may shift to office-first at our San Francisco or Denver locations once normal office activity resumes.
- Analyze large amounts of data and prepare timely invoices for customers
- Lead billing and collections processes
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Review accounts payable invoices and investigate vendor inquiries
- Prepare month-end journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with providing audit requests to the auditors
- Prepare sales tax returns
- Identify accounting issues and research the appropriate US GAAP accounting treatment
- Implement process improvements
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Minimum 2 years related accounting operations experience
- CPA preferred
- Strong system skills and data mining
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external parties
- Familiarity with Netsuite will be an asset
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $60,000-$75,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth