Guild is hiring a Principal Product Manager to join our Payments infrastructure team.
Over the next three years, We are looking to expand our marketplace and our payments platform to be able to process billions of dollars in education payments for our employers, academic partners and students.
You will play a key role in driving the evolution of the payments platform with focus on consolidation of multiple payment models, creating shared services for funding and billing ledger for use by internal and external stakeholders as well as foundational investments for scale, audit and tax processing for millions of transactions a year.
As the product leader for the area you will:
- Partner with our CTO, CFO, SVP of Payments, SVP of Product and senior leadership team to think big-picture and long-term about how our system will need to evolve in the coming years.
- Distill complex technical issues to their essential elements and communicate those elements as necessary to non-technical audiences.
- Develop and execute plans to migrate legacy infrastructure to new technology, while anticipating any risks and client impacts.
- Understand the needs of Guild’s product delivery teams and build a roadmap that enables them to move with higher quality and velocity, while ensuring cross team collaboration and communication
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 12+ years of related experience in product management or a similar function developing and implementing technology systems and services
- 5+ years of experience with payments or financial systems. Experience with NetSuite and Stripe a plus
- An affinity for building comprehensive and ready for scale data infrastructure with a passion for democratizing data
- Ability to navigate multiple levels from understanding micro user stories to translating business requirements to producing synthesis product strategy, with a “no task is too small” mentality
- Structured and systems thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Helped fast-growth businesses transition from v1 to v2
- Demonstrated capability of developing and evangelizing a shared vision across the organization, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to manage complex business problems across internal and external stakeholders while meeting deadlines to ensure successful delivery
- A track record of working closely and effectively with engineering and business teams, establishing best practices in areas such as scrum of scrums, functional requirements gathering, and UAT.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $180,000 - $217,500, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth