Here at Guild, our passion is increasing economic mobility for working adults. Are you interested in using data science and machine learning to improve the educational and career outcomes of tens of thousands of working adults? We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team to help drive meaningful outcomes for our students using machine learning, natural language processing, and other analytical techniques. You’ll work closely with our product, marketing, and coaching teams to optimize how each of these teams supports our students and help drive data driven decisions across the business.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Apply innovative analytical approaches to structured and unstructured data to inform how our product, marketing, and coaching teams support our students.
- Use statistics and data mining to identify and diagnose business problems and deliver data-driven recommendations to business partners.
- Identify, validate, and make use of data from disparate data sources, working with product and engineering teams to come up with creative ways to collect new data as needed.
- Work closely with business partners, advocating for best data practices and using analytics to drive decision making throughout the business.
You are a strong fit for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in data science, decision science, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start-up environment.
- Have expertise in at least one advanced analytic technique (e.g., natural language processing, machine learning, causal analysis, propensity modeling, attribution modeling).
- Have strong written and oral communication skills - you can take complex analyses and synthesize them into concrete recommendations and create effective presentations for all audiences.
- Have proven business expertise in at least one coding language (e.g., R, Python, etc.).
- Have experience using SQL to interact with large quantities of data across relational databases.
- Have experience coming up with creative ways to use data, as well as solutions to build new data sources for use in analytics.
- Have experience working cross-functionally with business partners to solve problems, achieve goals, and generate maximum impact.
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with messy and unstructured data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Analytics and reporting experience in a B2B/CRM sales environment.
- Experience with at least one automation tool (e.g. Airflow, DBT).
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $130,000 -$152,500 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth