Here at Guild, our passion is increasing economic mobility for working adults. Are you interested in using data science and machine learning to improve the educational and career outcomes of tens of thousands of working adults? We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team to help drive meaningful outcomes for our students using machine learning, natural language processing, and other analytical techniques. You’ll work closely with our product, marketing, and coaching teams to optimize how each of these teams supports our students and help drive data driven decisions across the business.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Work with the employer platform engineering teams to continuously improve the way the Guild Platform exchanges data with our employers
- Partner with our technical project management team to scope and deliver integrations with our Employer Partners
- Collaborate with teams across the organization on multi-functional efforts to improve the ability to collect and use student outcome data.
- Working closely with product, engineers, and business to fully acceptance-test new features, bug fixes, and improvements,
Ideal candidate will have:
- Have 5+ years of experience in data science, decision science, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start-up environment.
- Have expertise in at least one advanced analytic technique (e.g., natural language processing, machine learning, causal analysis, propensity modeling, attribution modeling).
- Have strong written and oral communication skills - you can take complex analyses and synthesize them into concrete recommendations and create effective presentations for all audiences.
- Have proven business expertise in at least one coding language (e.g., R, Python, etc.).
- Have experience using SQL to interact with large quantities of data across relational databases.
- Have experience coming up with creative ways to use data, as well as solutions to build new data sources for use in analytics.
- Have experience working multi-functionally with business partners to solve problems, achieve goals, and generate maximum impact.
- Analytical, intellectually curious, creative problem-solver who is comfortable going beyond data access to analytics and strategic insights
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and optimally adapting your expertise
- Analytics and reporting experience in a B2B/CRM sales environment.
- Experience with at least one automation tool (e.g. Airflow, DBT).
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $130,000 -$152,500 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth