Guild is hiring for a VP, Sales to accelerate acquisition of new employer partners by working strategically alongside a team of Enterprise Account Executives to initiate conversations and close deals within our target Fortune 500 customers. In this role, you’ll continue to build out a team to cover our addressable market, increase deal velocity, and continuously refine the Guild value message for our prospective employer partners.
In particular, we’re looking for a sales leader who has a proven track record of success with both navigating high-touch complex deals in addition to managing enterprise sales teams responsible for doing so. In this role, you’ll have a unique and strategic opportunity to help set the direction that will allow us to multiply the impact our solutions have on our clients' employees.
As the VP, Sales you will:
- Oversee and work alongside a team of Enterprise Account Executives who are responsible for initiating and closing large and complex deals within our target account population (e.g. Fortune 500 employers)
- Develop plans and strategies to aid in driving new business while also participating in client meetings
- Play a strategic hand in territory planning, account assignments and overall deal planning execution
- Refine and support repeatable sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Work closely with the Employer marketing team to establish successful and coordinated account based marketing activities that drive top of the funnel interest
- Monitor client, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to leadership and other functional teams
- Hire and continuously develop enterprise sellers who are mission aligned and consultative to our prospective employer partners
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Demonstrated experience selling and managing large-scale, complex enterprise deals within a b2b environment (bonus if you have sold to CHRO or in the HR space generally)
- 2+ years of sales leadership experience managing a team of quota carrying account executives
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various internal counterparts (e.g. Marketing teams, Solutions, Operations) to generate interest and increase deal close velocity
- Expertise in developing, measuring and successfully rolling out sales strategies and processes
- Experience in effectively rolling out territory plans and account assignments to ensure sales team is aligned for success
- Excellent written and oral presentation, and strong story-telling skills with the ability to synthesize and react to a complex set of client asks
- Comfort with operational excellence strategies for B2B style organizations, where high-touch, long-term relationships are essential to the business’ success
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $200,000-$220,000 with significant commission eligibility as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth