Guild is hiring for a Portfolio Strategy Analyst in its Learning Marketplace division to support the growth and evaluation of academic partners. In this role, you’ll use your quantitative and analytical skills to support academic partner deal evaluation and drive workstreams on critical growth.
Guild operates on the groundbreaking of the Future of Work, partnering with companies to innovate on how to educate and up-skill millions of employees. These employers span industries, with a particular focus on employers with large populations of front-line employees, including Financial Services, Retail, Restaurants and Telecommunications. The Portfolio Strategy team ensures we build a network of partners that can proactively meet employer talent needs while delivering economic mobility to students.
- Work closely with Guild’s Learning Marketplace Sales and Marketing teams to develop partner acquisition strategies and lead all aspects of deals
- Conduct market research and synthesize publicly available data to identify target academic partners
- Refine a series of deal evaluation models (i.e. pricing models, cannibalization models) to evaluate a prospect’s fit with Guild
- Use Guild’s partner evaluation framework to evaluate prospects’ fit for Guild’s portfolio.
- Support strategic projects critical to Guild’s academic partner portfolio growth, including the development of new partnership models or business development strategies.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- 1-2 years in a management consulting, business analyst, or internal strategy analyst role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize information and communicate insights
- Outstanding analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills, experience using financial and data analysis tools (Excel, Looker) and synthesizing disparate datasets to produce relevant insights
- Excellent organizational skills, with attention to detail and ability to keep track of both the high-level progress and the small details
- A self-starter demeanor with a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, and an ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it
- A team approach, growing in an environment that’s collaborative and celebrates change
- Experience working with senior-level decision makers
- Experience with higher education or labor market data, including familiarity working with IPEDS, College Scorecard, Bureau of Labor Statistics or proprietary labor market datasets.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $90,000 - $105,000 and variable compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth