Guild is hiring a Senior Product Manager to lead the prototyping team in exploring and developing new capabilities supporting Guild’s overall strategy and goals, creating and maintaining a forward thinking product roadmap to share and shop around cross-organizationally. In the role, you will interact with a broad range of stakeholders and departments to gather product requirements, deliver an operating plan for the achievement of growth objectives, and share progress throughout the project lifecycle.
In particular, we are looking for someone who is able to manage multiple, cross-organizational projects, ranging in size and function, from inception to completion, as well as gain a solid understanding of the market, continuously gathering and analyzing data and business intelligence from both internal and external sources. The ideal candidate must feel comfortable communicating with, and collecting feedback from, colleagues at varying levels throughout the organization. Please note, we are open to remote candidates for this position!
As Senior Product Manager, you will:
- Take the lead on product planning and execution for multiple projects of varying sizes
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by developing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
- Gain a deep understanding of both the market and the needs of Guild clients to define the product features & functionalities
- Develop the product strategy & roadmap, ensuring the product vision is delivered in the final product
- Draft and maintain product briefs & requirements for distribution throughout the organization
- Manage the prototyping, user research, and design phases of a project to enable Guild to create and user test internal and external facing tools & products
- Confidently influence and communicate with teams cross-functionally throughout the organization
- Work collaboratively with internal and external staff including developers, designers, analysts, and partners
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in project & product management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and execute quickly, maintaining a keen attention to detail and working well under pressure.
- Experience managing multiple highly cross-functional technical development projects at the same time.
- The curiosity to constantly ask questions and experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes - never settling for “good enough.”
- Strong work ethic and independence, with a high degree of motivation to learn and iterate.
- Excellent cross-functional communication and relationship building skills- balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as Asana, Confluence, Airtable, Jira, Smartsheet, etc.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our latest $157 million financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $130,000-$150,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth