The Beehive is hiring classroom Lead teachers for infant, toddler and pre-K classrooms to launch an early childhood education center crafted to serve the children of the employees of Guild Education in downtown Denver.
About The Beehive
The Beehive is a new Early Childhood Education Center that will foster a love of learning, curiosity and a sense of community in the heart of downtown Denver. This is an opportunity to be a part of the inaugural staff in a light filled beautifully designed space with a focus on play-based education year round for students ages 6 weeks to 5 years old. The Beehive is a unique work opportunity offering rich professional learning with a diverse group of curious and creative colleagues and a chance to make a difference.
The Beehive is located on the 3rd floor of Republic Plaza’s annex building off the 16th Street Mall.
- Adjacent to Guild’s office spaces. The students of The Beehive are children of Guild Education Denver employees. We intend for our program to meet not just the bar for licensing, but to exceed higher-quality standards and practices in facility design, teacher ratios, and operations.
There are many elements of our approach that we will look to our inaugural early childhood team to co-define with us.
As the Classroom Lead Teacher you will:
- Join a new team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day.
- Encourage and foster an inviting, warm and nurturing learning environment.
- Collaborate with leadership and your classroom team to think in a new and different way about employer-based child care.
- Help define and implement a play-based general educational curriculum with developmentally appropriate practices to address physical emotional, social and cognitive needs of children.
- Collaborate with staff to develop positive learning activities; manage adherence to state and local regulations.
- Assist in selecting resources for and setting up classrooms.
- Use classroom software to supervise daily student activities and progress and share with families.
- Develop and maintain The Beehive community with staff and families.
- Participate in robust professional learning on site in all aspects of early childhood education to grow your own skills as a learner and a leader.
- Mentor and train staff as needed.
- Ensure child safety in the classroom, playground and in common areas.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Deep experience in early childhood education in Colorado in ages infant through pre-K
- A passion for individual children’s development as they learn and grow
- Energy and creativity to be part of the inaugural team of am exciting start-up
- Passion to work with a team of teachers and support staff to enable a high-quality child and family experience every day.
- Flexibility and patience to work in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative new environment.
- Nurturing and caring approach to children.
- Strong time management and ability to stoop and bend to interact on a child’s level, and stand up to 95% of the day.
- Something unique to offer -- music, art, movement.
- Experience in a play-based preschool including Reggio Emilia inspired and RIE
- Associate's degree or equivalent credits in ECE, Elementary Education, Special Education, Family and Child Development or Child Psychology.
- ECT qualified
- 1 or more years of experience working with children.
- Willingness to work with children in an expansive environment.
- Bachelor's degree in ECE or related field.
- 2 or more years of classroom experience in the specific age classroom.
At The Beehive we care about our employees and their wellbeing which is why we offer a range of benefits to help support them and their families. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, with an hourly rate of $18-$23. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Additional benefits include:
- Access to low cost, high quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (CA & CO) including $0 premium family plans and low copay's across all our plans
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 2 weeks of accrued vacation
- We provide family friendly benefits including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer paid short term and long term disability, employer sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Ability to enroll your child in the Beehive
- We provide well rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend, transit and parking support, and access to free/ low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
- And more!
The Beehive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.