Guild is hiring a Senior Editor & Writer on the Employer Solutions team to play a central role in the company’s mission by managing thought leadership for the team. We’re looking for someone who is an equal parts strategist, engaging writer, and researcher. In this role you will work with leaders on the Employer Solutions team to design a thought leadership strategy from the ground up, helping elevate our deep subject matter expertise on challenges and opportunities facing Fortune 1000 employers as they innovate around educating and upskilling millions of employees.
In particular, we’re looking for a seasoned writer and editor who can identify opportunities to accelerate Guild’s positioning as a leader in the education-to-work space and a strategic partner to employers, and who can collaborate with subject matter experts to create thoughtful, engaging content.
As the Senior Writer & Editor, you will work cross-functionally to:
- Create an editorial strategy from the ground up, alongside the Employer Solutions leadership; develop processes that lead to near and long-term success of our thought leadership strategy; and manage those processes on an on-going basis.
- Assist subject matter experts and senior leaders in conceiving, framing, and developing high interest, high impact editorial content—including blog posts, op-eds, issue briefs, whitepapers, infographics, and data visualizations.
- Write and edit that content in partnership with subject matter experts and senior leaders.
- Identify data sets (internal and external to Guild) that can unlock new insight and analysis.
- Stay up to date on the latest developments, trends, and data around the future of work and future of education.
- Recruit and oversee a group of freelance writers, designers, and proofreaders; provide content direction, review their work, and manage their availability, training, and workload.
- Coordinate and work with Guild’s external communications team to support brand goals, and with marketing to amplify content.
- Grow and adapt with the evolving needs of the Employer Solutions team in a rapid-growth environment.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of total experience in journalism, content strategy, and/or think tank research
- A passion for our mission, and deep curiosity for the issue areas aligned to our mission, including the future of work and future of education
- Examples of how you’ve successfully developed an editorial strategy, identifying the most effective mix of content to meet company goals
- Strong writing and editing skills, with a knack for learning new subjects and communicating them in a compelling and clear way to executives
- Exceptional ability to help subject matter experts crystallize their key points and translate their expertise into quality thought leadership
- Exceptional ability to work cross-functionally in a dynamic and developing environment with a lack of ego and knack for collaboration.
- Exceptional ability to be self-directed, manage your time, and effectively prioritize while juggling many projects
- Experience building and managing a pool of high-quality freelancers to support writing, editing, and visual design of editorial products
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.