Guild is hiring for an Account Executive to help drive new business for Guild’s Learning Marketplace division, playing a key role in expanding our network of educational institutions and learning providers. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of the sales effort, from lead prospecting to relationship development to driving accounts to close. Using your entrepreneurial spirit and passion for problem-solving, you will dive into deep levels of discovery and handle objections at every level. We’re looking for a strong leader who has shown a consistent track record of driving and closing large-scale deals, ideally within the Higher Education market. We will also be considering candidates for a senior-level account executive role.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and up-skill millions of employees. These employers span industries, with a particular focus on employers with large populations of front-line employees, including Financial Services, Retail, Restaurants and Telecommunications. The Client Services team is specifically focused on owning these employer relationships, following their decision to join the network. Using a mix of strategic consulting, customer success and commercial orientation, the team manages and grows these large, strategic client relationships.
As a Account Executive, you will:
- Engage with C-suite and senior-level executives at higher education institutions to generate new business and grow revenue through in-person meetings and phone calls.
- Tailor the Guild value proposition to prospects based on in-depth research of specific business conditions, drivers, and specific knowledge of the territory & customers.
- Build strategic presentations and proposals to gain effective champions within our prospective universities and colleges, supporting these clients to see the value in joining Guild’s network.
- Manage multiple sales opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the account lead for all adoption-related activities through agreement execution and account management transition.
You are a strong fit for this role if:
- You’re a high-energy, enterprise sales professional with a deep understanding of business, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of exceeding past sales targets
- 3-5 years of enterprise sales experience, familiarity with the Higher Education space is a huge plus. Candidates with 5-10 years of experience will be considered for a senior-level role
- You have the excellent interpersonal and communication skills that are needed to make complex contractual, technical and financial details sound simple
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Purpose-driven with passion for education and technology that disrupts and drives change
- You are highly strategic with an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset, demonstrating a willingness to go above and beyond to achieve goals
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.