Guild is hiring for a VP, Sales to accelerate acquisition of new employer partners by training and coaching enterprise sellers to effectively communicate our message in the market. In this role, you’ll continue to build out a team to cover our addressable market, increase deal velocity, and continuously refine the value message for our prospective employer partners.
In particular, we’re looking for a leader who has scaled enterprise sales teams that are highly consultative and follow repeatable sales motions to help our employer partners through the buying journey. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to help set the direction that will allow us to multiply the impact our solutions have on our clients employees.
As the VP, Sales you will:
- Develop plans and strategies for driving new business with Fortune 1000 employers
- Create a culture of success, learning and shared wins
- Hire and continuously develop enterprise sellers who are mission aligned and consultative to our prospective employer partners
- Contribute to sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company objectives
- Refine and support repeatable sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Provide detailed and accurate deal forecasting
- Monitor client, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful and coordinated ABM activities that drive top of the funnel interest
- Participate in closing strategic opportunities
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 15+ years of total Sales experience, at least 5+ in management roles
- Experiencing selling and managing large-scale, complex Enterprise deals
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Solutions, B2B Marketing, Revenue Operations and Product Marketing to generate interest and deal close velocity
- Point of view on cross-functional roles and responsibilities and interaction best practices
- Experience in team-building and team management, ensuring those around you can be successful
- Examples of sales strategies and processes you have developed, measured and successfully rolled out
- Excellent problem solving skills, with a strong emphasis on the development of playbooks and processes that can be scaled
- Excellent written and oral presentation, and strong story-telling skills with the ability to synthesize and react to a complex set of client asks
- Comfort with operational excellence strategies for B2B style organizations, where high-touch, long-term relationships are essential to the business’ success
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.