Guild is looking for a Head of People Development to create and lead an innovative, mission-aligned, highly effective learning and development function. This is a newly created role that will be critical to the growth and success of our people and our business. Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Thinks broadly and progressively about people development, including that growth happens as much on the job as it does in a more structured learning environment.
- Is both a thinker and an operator who can confidently, credibly lead one of the strongest drivers of our employee value proposition - our internal professional/career development.
- Embraces our mission and is passionate about bringing it to life within Guild, unlocking opportunity for our people to achieve their potential.
As a head of People Development, you will:
- Set the vision for people development at Guild, plus the strategy, roadmap, and tactical plans to bring the vision to fruition. Be both a strategic and hands-on, operational leader.
- Develop a keen understanding of Guild’s business objectives and critical skills, and cultivate opportunities for our people to gain and hone those skills.
- Ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion considerations are woven into all development programs, so Guild has an environment conducive to everyone’s continuous growth.
- Establish a strategy and programs specifically for our leaders and managers, to achieve our aspiration that Guild’s people managers are universally excellent.
- Model excellent management of your own team, ensuring they themselves are stretching and growing.
- Develop our capacity and capability to facilitate exceptional in-house programs, including onboarding of 40+ new hires per month.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on areas such as different learning technologies, training delivery modes, change management practices, and adult learning philosophies.
- Measure the success of initiatives and impact of learning and development offerings on the business - and on individuals’ growth and opportunity. Take those learnings and iterate, build, change with an eye for continual improvement.
- Create a resourcing model to determine when to create and run programs in-house and when to leverage external vendors and content. Manage external vendors as appropriate.
- Consult with People Operations Partners (HRBPs) and business leaders to establish and roll out talent development strategies, programs, and initiatives.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Ability and desire to pursue progressive, innovative people development strategies that make Guild stand out as a phenomenal place to grow one’s career.
- Strong business acumen that you can use to inform the design and implementation of highly effective, strategically-aligned programs.
- Confidence, credibility, and interpersonal skills to work well with diverse personalities on cross-functional teams, and to partner effectively with business and functional leaders.
- Executive-level communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver compelling presentations to large groups, fellow executives, and teammates of all levels.
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and balancing multiple, competing priorities and projects at the same time.
- Ability and desire to build and manage an exceptional learning and development team, serving as a role model for skills-based hiring and excellent people management.
- Strong planning, organization, and systems orientation with a bias for action, ensuring a holistic interweaving of learning and development throughout the employee experience.
- Subject matter expertise in the field of learning and development, including curriculum and content development, instructional design, adult learning theories, facilitation skills, learning needs assessment, eLearning, and learning program effectiveness evaluation.
- Personal experience with and/or exposure to non-traditional students and professionals with non-linear career paths.
- Knowledge of early-stage, rapid-growth companies and what they implemented from an organization/talent perspective to enable scale.
- Exposure to development programs touching diverse talent populations - in terms of career phase, educational background, functional focus, and diversity of demographics, learning and development needs, and learning styles, etc.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.