Guild is hiring for an Early Childhood Executive Director to launch an early childhood education center designed to serve its team members’ children.
In 2020, Guild is launching an on-site early childhood education center to serve its employees. Guild is thinking differently about childcare and preschool for our employees, aligning them to our mission and reflecting the needs and differences of our Guild employee population. Guild aims to ensure that its employees feel empowered to have audacious goals for both their career and their family life. That necessitates the tools and resources to help Guilders more successfully integrate work and family, in addition to creating a caring environment in which employees’ children thrive.
There are many elements of our approach that we will look to our Early Childhood Executive Director to co-define with us. We will want to continue to engage our parent employees as partners in key decisions for the early childhood program as well. Here are some of the things that we know today:
- Guild is planning to support our employees’ children including infant, toddler and preschool aged kids.
- Guild has identified dedicated space on the 3rd floor of Republic Plaza’s annex building - located adjacent to Guild’s office spaces (note that this is in the heart of downtown Denver).
- Program and philosophy will be play-based in nature, with room for your feedback on exact style and curriculum.
- We intend for our program to meet not just the bar for licensing, but to exceed higher-quality standards and practices in facility design, teacher ratios, and operations.
- Square footage at launch: 12,733 indoors, inclusive of 6 classrooms (likely 2 infant, 2 toddler, 2 preschool/pre-k), and 1,290 outdoors on a private patio with direct access from the center.
- Expected number of licensed slots: approximately 80 to launch, with a future expansion to double capacity.
- We will not have a full kitchen for food preparation (may bring in prepared food or have families provide food).
- Slots will be offered first to children of Guild employees, and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Pending availability, seats will be open to other building tenants of the Republic Plaza.
- Guild intends to provide a subsidy to the program to offset tuition costs for employees, with details on the financial model in process.
Over time, as Guild’s employee base grows, Guild intends to grow its early childhood program and seeks a leader that would be eager to grow the footprint of the program in partnership with us.
As the Early Childhood Executive Director you will:
- Collaborate with the Guild leadership team to think in a new and different way about employer-based child care
- Serve as a subject matter expert in early childhood, bringing your depth of experience as an educator and leader to the decisions related to launching this new program
- Determine the programmatic approach and operational procedures for running the program
- Oversee all aspects of the center on a day-to-day basis
- Inform Guild thinking on the best staffing model to support a successful and high-quality program
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Launched a new location for an early childhood program
- Deep experience in early childhood
- An innovative can-do mindset
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience and eagerness to work in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.