Guild is hiring a VP of Operations Enablement Strategy and Product to partner with our Coaching, Operations, Technology, and Product leaders to improve student coaching and back-office operations through best-in-class process management, data-driven strategy development and improved technology integration.
You’ll sit at the intersection of operations, data, technology and internal strategy. You will help inform and drive Guild’s student coaching and back-office operations to improve our ability to help working adults make the most of their education benefit, apply to and enroll in school, and successfully persist through program completion / graduation.
You will also be at the frontline of how we “Scale for Students” by driving service-innovation with a customer-mindset, building features for value-added automation, leading analyses to enable process improvement and making key decisions for major change initiatives. Our number one investment is the success of our students - When they succeed, so do we and you will help us drive that.
As VP of Operations Enablement Strategy and Product, you will:
- Work closely with our operations, academic and employer partnership, marketing and product leaders to make step-change improvements in our student coaching and back-office operations
- Utilize data and customer/partner feedback to identify, prioritize and implement operational initiatives that eliminate friction and ensure coaching is brand-aligned and high-impact
- Develop and refine operational-readiness approaches that enable seamless initiative rollouts with aligned-monitoring and impact-measurement
- Determine, deploy, enhance and maintain products (e.g. software, tools and systems) that enable us to support hundreds of coaches at scale in a high growth environment. Own the vision and roadmaps for product-enhancement initiatives to empower student coaches and ensure delivery of best-in-class experience with every interaction
- Build scalable operational capabilities and measurement systems (including scorecards) to continuously improve our operations and coaching capabilities
- Build and evolve a world-class operations enablement strategy and product team
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in an operational strategy or enablement leadership role
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, process implementation, project management, and logical reasoning skills. Ability to create and communicate frameworks
- 3-5+ years consulting experience with a top-tier management consulting firm or an internal consulting/corporate strategy team a huge plus
- Experience working in product development, technical roles, and/or leading large operations teams with tech-dependence. Understanding of Agile, user-story development, acceptance testing and large-scale program management a huge plus
- Expertise leveraging analytics and voice-of-the-customer data to surface, prioritize and implement improvements that address customer challenges
- Highly effective negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills and the ability to work in a low-ego environment cross-functionally
- Ability to attract, coach, and mentor and build a strong high-performance team. Servant-leadership mentality a plus
- Willingness to dive into details and roll-up-sleeves while keeping eye on the “big picture”
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.