Guild is hiring for a Head of Product Marketing to accelerate acquisition of new employer partners by developing a best-in-class product strategy that can be played out in the sales process. In this role, you’ll build out a team to drive our go-to-market positioning and sales support for existing and prospective customers.
In particular, we’re looking for a leader who can thrive in building scalable approaches across a team that operates in a complex, high-touch client environment. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to drive the direction that will allow us to increase our deal velocity and multiply the impact our offerings have on our clients’ employees.
As the Head of Product Marketing you will:
- Build our Product Marketing function from the ground up, through the hiring and development of team members and the establishment of roles and responsibilities between functions
- Continuously refine our go-to-market strategy and positioning, developing playbooks and materials for verticals and persona types
- Partner cross-functionally with B2B marketing, Academic Solutioning, Product and others to simplify and scale our offering so that is can be easily customized
- Build out sales enablement efforts to allow us to quickly ramp and continuously educate our growing team
- Recommend pricing and packaging of offerings that are simple to understand and easy to buy
In this role, you’ll work closely with Karina Salenieks, Greg Siegel, Mark Rudnick and other members of the go-to-market team. You regularly will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Mae Podesta (SVP Marketplace Operations), Bijal Shah (Chief Product Officer), Jonathan Crimins (Sr Director of Technical Program Management).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of total experience in Strategy and/or Product Marketing roles
- Point of view on cross-functional roles and responsibilities and interaction best practices
- Experience in team-building and team management, ensuring those around you can be successful
- Examples of go-to-market strategies you have developed and successfully rolled out
- Excellent problem solving skills, with a strong emphasis on the development of playbooks and processes that can be scaled
- Excellent written and oral presentation, and strong story-telling skills with the ability to synthesize and react to a complex set of client asks
- Strong ability to simplify and visualize offering concepts in a way that is client-consumable
- Examples of tangible improvement of your team(s) and organization(s) through the implementation of better processes and strategies
- Comfort with operational excellence strategies for B2B style organizations, where high-touch, long-term relationships are essential to the business’ success
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.