Guild is hiring for a General Manager to play a central role in Guild’s mission by managing a segment within Guild’s employer-facing business. In this role, you’ll lead Guild’s work with a group of Fortune 1000 employer partnerships while managing a strong cross-functional team.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and up-skill millions of employees. This role sits at the forefront of these efforts, using a mix of strategic consulting, customer success and commercial orientation to manage and grow large, strategic client relationships.
As a General Manager, you will work across your segment to:
- Manage the overall strategy for the segment and a set of F1000 employer partners, helping allocate team members and prioritize efforts cross-functionally
- Manage a cross-functional team to ensure high quality and efficient client growth
- Ensure all of Guild’s current clients in the segment have a strong account strategy, outlining a clear roadmap for both success across Guild’s commercial outcomes, the employer’s strategic initiatives, and their employee’s educational goals
- Partner with Guild’s sales team to guide interested new clients through the final stage of the sales process, setting up those clients for success during implementation and beyond
- Directly contribute to client-facing efforts through the management of key strategic relationships and critical client interactions
- Hire, onboard and train team members within your segment, while also supporting the hiring process of additional related functions as well
- Collaborate with our Marketing, Product, and Design teams to prioritize new product development, upsell new offerings, and build employee awareness marketing campaigns
In this role, you’ll work closely with team members across Employer Partnerships, including Greg Siegel and Karina Salenieks. You will also collaborate with other Guild leaders across the Partnerships organization and beyond, including Rachel Carlson (CEO and Co-Founder).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 12+ years of total experience in management consulting, software-as-a-service client services & sales or similar
- Experience in B2B style partnerships, preferably at an organization where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success
- Strong commercial experience, with experience leading sales, up-sell and/or consumption-based growth
- Experience with influencing Fortune 1000 senior executives as a trusted thought partner
- Strong team management and development experience, with the ability to keep teams oriented towards high-level needs
- Examples of how you’ve successfully grown a business segment directly and through cross-functional team execution
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.