Guild is hiring for a Senior Marketing Copywriter to help drive student enrollment and engagement via new written marketing campaigns. The right candidate for this role will, of course, love words! You’ll be responsible for upholding brand voice standards for both Guild, and our employer partners, and will lead the written charge for internal B2C student marketing and client facing communications.
In particular, we are looking for a creative, marketing-savvy professional with an entrepreneurial spirit, and can-do attitude. Reporting to the Director of Content Marketing and Brand, this role will serve as a brand voice steward for the Guild marketing team and will be responsible for writing persuasive content and various campaign collateral across a mix of internal and external channels.
As a Senior Marketing Copywriter, you will:
- Develop and hone the Guild brand voice as it relates to differing student personas and audiences
- Drive action and engagement for new and current student initiatives through the written word: work closely with Guild’s internal marketing team to develop compelling copy across a variety of channels as a means to drive engagement at all parts of the funnel.
- Create compelling copy for a variety of online channels (blog, email, etc) as well as print and digital assets
- Have an appreciation for the relationship between copy and design elements
- Work in conjunction with Guild’s Partner Marketing team to understand the brand guidelines of our various employer partners, and be able to put those learnings into practice across a variety of relevant campaigns and channels
- Have polished presentation skills, both internally and client-facing; be able to speak with poise and tact to express your ideas clearly and professionally.
- Possess a positive "whatever it takes mentality," and an ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing mandates and priorities
- Thrive in a feedback-driven culture and have a sense of humor
- Oversee and mentor a team of younger writers and content managers
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In addition to working on the Marketing team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Danny Randa, Senior Director, Marketing; Carrie Kaufman, Director Student Growth; Dana Guilfoyle; Senior Director, Partner Marketing
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 6+ years professional copywriting experience; prior agency experience a bonus
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or similar
- Impeccable attention to detail, particularly as it relates to grammar and mechanics
- Prior experience working with website, blog, and email marketing copy
- Prior experience managing and mentoring a team of creatives, especially writers
- Creative, and detail-oriented; must be able to think big and innovate
- Organized and strategic; comfortable working independently and with a team
- Comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment; must bring enthusiasm, flexibility and patience to the table
- An ability to work efficiently on multiple projects in order to meet tight deadlines
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.