Guild is hiring a Marketplace Strategy and Research Manager. You will be our first hire on this team, and will play a pivotal role in creating and scaling a quantitative marketplace management philosophy.
You’ll sit at the intersection of data, marketplace operations, and marketplace strategy, helping to inform Guild’s academic marketplace program mix and provider selection. You’ll be great in this role if you are constantly curious about why things are happening. We are looking for someone who is exceptional at managing internal projects, can provide analytical and strategic expertise, and is not afraid to “wade in ambiguity” to help drive academic marketplace delivery at Guild.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with our VP of Marketplace Expansion, and work closely with leaders across Client (Employer) Sales, Academic Partnerships and Student Coaching to ensure are making data informed decisions that help us match supply and demand, both organic and inorganic.
- Partner with analytics and account management to deliver clarity, accuracy and usability of marketplace and supply-side data
- Drive improvements in Guild’s Academic Quality Assurance framework, the “U.S. News and World Report Ranking for Working Adults”
- Deliver data-driven insights that give a range of business stakeholders visibility into how marketplace tactics are impacting outcomes
- Partner with analytics to scope, plan and analyze client, business, and student outcomes data that yield critical answers to key questions for driving growth
- Support a wide range of marketplace and supply initiatives where greater analytical or data processing firepower is needed to move the business forward
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 2-6 years of experience in management consulting, finance, or similar roles in a fast-paced business or start-up environment. Preference for an undergraduate or graduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Quantitative Economics, Physics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Proficiency using contemporary tools for data wrangling, reporting, modeling and visualization, including technical proficiency in some/all of Excel, Google Sheets, and SQL.
- Analytically informed curiosity. You are an excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences - from our students to investors
- An entrepreneurial mindset: no job is too big or too small for you and you are comfortable “building the plane while flying it.”.
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.