Guild is hiring a Project Manager on the Student Growth Team to help deliver new products and features that allow students to take advantage of Guild’s affordable education programs and coaching services. In this role you will work with some of the most talented and creative engineers, product managers, designers, and technical program managers to remove roadblocks and help deliver products that are intuitive, easy to use, and provide a frictionless experience for our users. As a project manager you will have a significant impact on team, project and business success.
In particular, we are looking for a self-motivated and organized project management professional who thrives on making order out of chaos. We believe someone who is a strong communicator, detail oriented, and capable of juggling multiple priorities will be most successful in this role.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Partner with Guild Product Management and Engineering teams to plan, execute, and deliver projects on time
- Manage and monitor day-to-day project activities including project status, schedule, scope, risks, deliverables, and resources
- Lead effective Agile ceremonies including stand-ups, retrospectives, grooming, and planning
- Identify, troubleshoot, and manage possible scope creep, roadblocks or issues, internal and external customer concerns, and resource conflicts to ensure timely resolution or escalation
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously within the Student Growth product team
- Triage production issues and provide run-time support as needed
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment
In this role you will collaborate with other Guild Student Growth team members including: Julia McEwen (Senior Product Manager), Matt Burdumy (Senior Product Manager), Eric Cadow (Engineering Manager), Libby Balogh (Technical Program Manager), Katie Corder-Paul (Director of Student Operations), and Mike Cornelius (Director of Enrollment Operations)
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Project Management experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and multiple competing priorities
- 2+ years as a project manager, program manager, delivery manager, product owner, scrum master or similar role
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues in technical and non-technical roles on cross functional teams
- Experience delivering large web-based projects involving multiple workstreams
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a much needed new path for working adults to earn academic credentials and new skills debt-free
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.