Guild is hiring a Sr. Manager of Merchandising. You will be our first hire on this team, and will play a pivotal role in creating and then scaling the organization and developing Guild’s program and institution merchandising playbook.
You’ll be successful in this role if you get excited about buyer persona definition, strategic supply acquisition, operations, and merchandising to various audiences, from employers to students and internal coaches. We are looking for someone who is exceptional at managing internal teams and processes, can provide product marketing expertise, and is not afraid to “wade in ambiguity” to help drive academic marketplace delivery at Guild.
As Sr. Manager of Merchandising, you will:
- Partner with our VP of Marketplace Expansion, and work closely with leaders across Product Management, Academic Partnerships and Client Services to ensure we are prioritizing and merchandising the right programs for our employers and students.
- Develop and oversee process improvements and operational plans for school and program launches and changes.
- Partner with Guild’s Search + Discovery squad (led by Sr. PM, Julia McKewen) as well as Guild's student marketing team to identify opportunities to change how Guild communicates programs and partners
- Partner, and often guide, work with our research, strategy, and marketing teams to uncover and refine student personas, mapping those to programs and ensuring our content matches the personas.
- Develop and lead a merchandising “green-lighting” process for all program and school content to ensure appropriate quality and consistency in the marketplace
- Work closely with engineering managers, technical leads, account managers, and product managers to drive project planning of related projects
- Ensure initiatives are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality
- Responsible for working closely with UX, Content and Product Management teams to have visually appealing and high-converting product images and selling explanatory text.
- Drive information sharing, and collecting and disseminating of standard methodologies across all marketing, content, and related teams.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years in a product marketing, marketing operations, merchandising, brand management, product management or related roles.
- Significant client management and communication experience
- A demonstrated ability to help teams define clear deliverables and meet them
- Some technology background, including ability to understand product functionality, design and technical issues, and make trade-offs
- Ability to hire and retain world-class talent
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Heap), and A/B testing (e.g. Optimizely), and data analysis preferred.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.