Guild is hiring a Manager of Academic Programs to play a central role in Guild’s mission by managing and supporting the development of specialized academic programs on the Academic Partnerships Team. In this role, you will work closely with our Client Services and Student Services teams and with Guild’s learning provider partners to manage and continuously develop specific academic verticals.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and up-skill millions of employees. This role sits at the forefront of these efforts, using a mix of strategic consulting, customer success and commercial orientation to manage and grow large, strategic client relationships.
As a Manager of Academic Programs you will:
- Manage specific academic programs to strong outcomes, driving program success and ensuring client and student satisfaction in partnership with Guild’s client services team (i.e., Lowe’s Track to the Trades pre-apprentice program)
- Manage cross-functional work-streams to scale and develop rapidly growing programs
- Build and maintain strong relationships with learning providers to execute on program developments for rapidly growing academic programs
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships for program evaluation and development
- Earn trust with client services team for partnership support, insights, and strategic initiative execution
- Collaborate with our Employer Partner, Student Services, and Product teams to prioritize new product development, help launch or expand new offerings
In this role, you’ll work closely with team members across Academic Partnerships, including Christine Mikulski and Randi Cosentino (Chief Academic Officer). You will also collaborate with other Guild leaders on our Employer and Academic Partnerships team and beyond, potentially including: Terrence Cummings (VP of Client Success), Shala Lasonde and our SSA managers.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of total experience in account management or client services
- Strong program development and project management skills
- Experience in B2B style partnerships, preferably at an organization where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success
- Demonstrated data-driven approach to account management to increase outcomes and customer satisfaction
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop strong trust-based partnerships - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy at senior levels
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with the ability to synthesize information and deliver strong story-telling
- Strong organization and team management, with a high attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high level progress and the small details
- Experience engaging cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.