The Senior Director of Experience Design is a crucial member of our technology leadership team, reporting to the Chief Product Officer at Guild. In this role, you will lead our design strategy across Guild’s suite of products, partnering with Guild teams across Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success and Student Operations while leading our growing team of designers and UX writers.
This role will be fantastic for you if you are a passionate and proven enterprise software design leader, excited about growing, mentoring, and inspiring a team of designers, writers and researchers and the opportunity to set a vision and lead a team responsible for bringing that vision to life.
As Senior Director of Experience Design, you will:
- Oversee and provide leadership in all areas of user experience (user journeys, IA, visual design, writing, and usability) as well as partnering to support global Guild branding with marketing
- Inspire a team (5, growing to 10+ this year) and manage their career growth and trajectory
- Define and communicate Guild’s product design vision to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Define and integrate best practices and standards related to UX across Guild’s products including new interface guidelines and design patterns
- Collaborate with product and technology teams to create and develop new business opportunities through thoughtful UX and IA
- Articulate business cases for design improvements, and measure/quantify success
- Recruit, nurture, and retain best-in-class talent
- Act as a user, and customer expert, systematically building customer empathy into your team and throughout the organization
- Lead by example, and at times, work alongside the team in documenting designs, workflows, interactions, user journeys, sitemaps, process/screen flows, and wireframes
In addition to partnering with Bijal (CPO), in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including Jessica Rusin (SVP, Engineering), & Chandler Koglmeier (VP, Product and Marketplace Expansion).
You are a strong fit for this role if you:
- Have 10+ years of experience with end-to-end product design; with a significant portion in a leadership role
- Have 5+ years of full time experience managing and growing a design team in a high / hyper growth environment, preferably while building enterprise products
- Believe in a prototype early and often environment, gathering feedback from users as early in the process as possible.
- Are a strong design practitioner yourself
- Are data-driven; you understand how to use data to guide product decisions
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with colleagues, senior-level clients and/or partners
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Stephen Curry, Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.