Guild is hiring a Product Manager, Payments to develop products and features that facilitate direct payment to the various partners in our marketplace.
Guild’s product teams leverage technology to help connect and scale our education marketplace, enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably. Our employer partners, primarily Fortune 1000 companies, join Guild’s marketplace to offer best-in-class education benefits to their workforce. Guild facilitates Tuition Assistance direct payments to schools on behalf of our employers so students can receive education funding without paying out of pocket.
In this role, you’ll lead discovery, design, and development of solutions that enable employers, academic partners, and Guild to efficiently and accurately facilitate Tuition Assistance payments. You’ll craft a vision for invoicing and billing products. And you’ll work closely with our clients, leadership, engineers, and other PMs to help us build solutions that scale with Guild’s rapid growth.
As Product Manager, Payments you will:
- Think big-picture and long-term about how our platform and products support tuition payments.
- Use relevant data and market knowledge to build a business case for new product investments.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, and then work on a daily basis with engineers and partners to make these a reality.
- Own and drive all aspects of your product, from vision to delivery to customer adoption.
- Act as the Product Owner for Tuition Assistance platform and features, including authoring, grooming and prioritizing user stories.
- Distill complex technical issues with digestible explanations for various audiences.
- Develop and execute plans to migrate current products from existing infrastructure to new platform services, while anticipating any risks and client impacts.
- Work closely with employer and academic teams to drive consistency and configurability in an evolving system.
In addition to working with the Tuition Assistance Engineering team, you will collaborate with other Guild teammates including: Jamie Masterson (Group Product Manager, Payments), Brittany Abisambra (Senior Product Manager, Platform & APIs), Mae Podesta (SVP, Marketplace Operations and Payment Strategy), Melissa Wagasky (Technical Program Manager, Employers), and Libby Balogh (Technical Program Manager, Academic Partners).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience as a product manager developing and taking product to market.
- Experience in developing technical products that utilize both data and platform solutions.
- An understanding of how database schema effects end user products.
- Demonstrated capability of developing and evangelizing a shared vision across the organization.
- Proven ability to manage complex business problems across internal and external stakeholders.
- Helped fast-growth businesses develop configurable and scalable solutions.
- A track record of working closely and effectively with engineering and partner teams.
- Excitement to learn and always expand your knowledge. Guild values a learner’s mindset.
- Commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education.
- Experience with marketplace, payments or B2B2C businesses is a plus.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.