Guild is hiring a Program Manager on the Academic Partnerships team to help lead a set of university partners.
This is a unique opportunity to have a tangible impact on a business-critical team at Guild, and this role will have significant growth potential for the right candidate. We are looking for a “people person” who loves building relationships, solving problems, and getting stuff done. This individual will play a critical role in managing all aspects of an Academic Partnership.
As a Program Manager on the Academic Partnerships team, you will:
- Develop short and long term strategic and operational plans for your academic partner(s), in partnership with the Academic Partnerships leadership team
- Build and maintain strong and productive relationships with key external stakeholders
- Enable program growth and expansion
- Identify growth opportunities in consultation with Guild’s Advisory Services team and your academic partners
- Lead cross-functional implementations of new programs and offerings
- Optimize the student experience, leveraging data to recommend improvements to:
- Admissions policies and processes to improve enrollment and yield;
- Student services and coaching to improve student retention and completion outcomes
- Lead cross-functional teams of internal and external stakeholders to implement these opportunities for optimization
- Maintain ongoing account operations
In this role, you’ll work closely with Amanda Lubin (VP and GM, Academic Partnerships), Will Lee-Ashley (Sr. Director, Academic Partnerships) and Scott Setera (Sr. Director, Academic Partnerships). You will also interact with other leaders within Guild’s Partnerships team, including Randi Cosentino (Chief Academic Officer).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in client management, partner management, and/or program management, with particular emphasis on managing clients in a consulting capacity or managing partnership implementations/integrations in high growth enterprise company.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with partners and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility and diplomacy internally and externally.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills: Ability to understand a problem, ideate on potential solutions, build data-backed recommendations, engage a broad set of stakeholders to get work done, and deliver a solution consistent with those recommendations
- An operator’s mindset with a demonstrated ability to both see the big picture and get deep into the details on complex projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Ability to synthesize information into a coherent and data-driven narrative and present that narrative in a compelling way.
- Cross-functional leadership and execution: Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to build alignment with colleagues across various functions and levels and engage them towards specific program outcomes.
- Learning mindset: Desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced environment
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.