Guild is hiring a Salesforce Developer to design, build, and maintain world-class applications to meet evolving requirements that keep our Salesforce environments running. At Guild, we put our students first in all aspects of our company including our Salesforce team. If working every day to support our students’ growth and put them first while getting hands on Salesforce experience sounds like fun, we want to speak with you!
We are looking for a team member that will bring their knowledge and unique experiences to assist in continuing the expansion of our Salesforce environments. You will be joining a fast-paced, driven team that strives for excellence in keeping both of our Salesforce environments running at optimal levels.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will:
- Be responsible for the existing code base and keeping the system in working order
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
- Develop and collaborate with other team members on APEX code, third-party integrations, and other Salesforce centered processes
- Design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable Apex code with best practices
- Take ownership of project work and developing client relationships (should be a confident self-starter)
- Have a general understanding of Agile methodology, test enhancements to make sure they work as per requirements, and then be responsible for the deploy to production
- Maintenance of internal Salesforce instances, and long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
- Maintain a flexible work environment to facilitate a quick response to ever changing project requirements and company objectives
- Interact directly with end users as necessary to analyze project objectives and requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications, and interactions with third party systems
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including marketing, product, and our student facing teams, to ensure the Salesforce environments support internal needs relating to functionality and performance
In addition to working on the Business Intelligence, Tools, and Research team (BITR), in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Emily Nava (Sr. Director, Business Intelligence, Tools, & Research), Mark Seifert (Manager, Salesforce and Operational Tools), & Jack Chang (Manager, Business Intelligence)
You are a strong fit for this role if you:
- Have at least 2-5 years of work experience as a Salesforce Developer, using APEX
- Bring enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
- Have solid problem solving skills and the ability to give concise solutions
- Are a Salesforce.com certified Developer
- Have visualforce page development experience
- Have experience with GitHub, Circle CI, or Salesforce DX
- Are interested in learning Salesforce best practices and being a part of a team
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.