Guild is hiring for an Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to provide support to our growing organization and expand your knowledge and experience as an HR professional.
In this role you will be one of the crucial building blocks for the entire employee experience at Guild. You’ll focus and build expertise on all aspects of HR from on-boarding to retention. You’ll be a significant cross-functional team player helping our organization achieve their goals and will have the unique opportunity to meet and support everyone at Guild. We hope you love to solve for process improvements to make us the most efficient team we can be. We can’t wait to meet you!
As a Human Resources (HR) Coordinator, you will:
- Own HR administrative activities including record-keeping, file maintenance, and entering information in our HRIS
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations in accordance with federal and state regulations
- Process documents through payroll and insurance providers
- Optimize current HR processes and look for new ways to make them more efficient
- Maintain and organize compliance documents and information
- Implement new innovative practices to streamline our HR processes
- Audit and administer policy acknowledgements through our HRIS
- Administer employee profile creation, communication with new hires, and other components of the onboarding process
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In addition to working with Mo Dady (People Operations Associate) on the HR team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Charity Long (Director of Accounting), Fae Dagonese (Recruiting Manager), and Micah Leinbach (Manager of Learning and Development).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- 2+ years of work experience with previous HR experience being preferred
- Experience with an HRIS system
- Familiarity with tools like Excel, Gmail, Google docs, and Google Sheets
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Experience handling highly sensitive/confidential matters and a good sense of judgment
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- A growth-oriented mindset reinforced by your enthusiasm for rapid iteration and prototyping
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh and recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.