Guild is hiring for a Principal, Client Services to play a central role in Guild’s mission by building and maintaining strong relationships with current and new Fortune 1000 clients. In this role, you’ll play an integral role in expanding our relationships with our employer partners -- scaling their educational benefits strategies.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and up-skill millions of employees. These employers span industries, with a particular focus on employers with large populations of front-line employees, including Financial Services, Retail, Restaurants and Telecommunications. The Client Services team is specifically focused on owning these employer relationships, following their decision to join the network. Using a mix of strategic consulting, customer success and commercial orientation, the team manages and grows these large, strategic client relationships.
As a Principal, Client Services, you will work across a concentrated set of clients to:
- Manage overall account strategies, outlining a clear roadmap for both success across Guild’s commercial outcomes, the employer’s strategic initiatives and their employee’s educational goals
- Manage renewal and up-sell processes in support of these goals
- Manage cross-functional client teams to ensure high quality and efficient delivery of overall client service
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with current and new employer partners at the Vice President and C-Suite level, identifying the unique needs and how they can best be served by Guild’s offerings
- Collaborate with our Marketing, Product, and Design teams to prioritize new product development, upsell new offerings, and build employee awareness marketing campaigns
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of total experience in management consulting, software-as-a-service client services or similar
- Experience in B2B style partnerships, preferably at an organization where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success
- Strong commercial orientation, with experience leading up-sell and/or consumption-based growth; Experience on new sales welcome but not required
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop strong trust-based client relationships - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy at senior levels
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with the ability to synthesize information and deliver strong story-telling
- Strong organization and team management, with a high attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high level progress and the small details
- Examples of how you’ve successfully taken a data-driven approach to account management to increase client satisfaction
- Experience engaging cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000-$180,000 and variable compensation, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth