Guild is hiring for an Engineering Manager to aid in squad leadership on our Product Engineering team(s). These squads create and maintain the products and experiences used every day by our students, partners and internal student support teams.
We are looking for an energetic leader to manage the day-to-day operations of our engineering squads while also being willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the codebase. An ideal candidate will excel at helping teams build scalable technology while balancing the needs of a fast-paced business environment. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for partnering with other leaders on the Product and Engineering teams to help craft the best solutions to solve the problems at hand, whether that be through people, process, or technology.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Mentor, coach and lead a team of diverse Engineers
- Partner with our product management team to help scope and deliver solutions against Guild's business goals while balancing the ongoing needs of the Engineering Team
- Collaborate with other Engineering Leaders like Stafford Brunk, Tom Hlavaty, Jess Rusin, and Eric Spery to identify and solve common problems across the Engineering Team
- Assist your squads as they build solutions based on technologies like React, Ruby on Rails, TypeScript, and AWS Lambda
In addition to working with, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Shaina Jordan (Chief of Staff/Director of Decision & Data Science), Josh Scott (President), and Christine Hettinger (Group Product Manager)
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- A proven track record of successfully managing people
- A desire to manage a team of 4+ engineers while also serving as an individual contributor
- Expertise in technologies like Ruby on Rails, React, TypeScript, or Node
- A willingness and passion for mentorship
- Experience in fast-paced, high-growth startups
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.